Denali, Alaska (20320 ft)
Denali from Kahiltna Glacier
Mountaineering Club of Alaska
Alpine Ascents International
Alaska Mountaineering School and Alaska Denali Guiding
My only Denali experience was in 1996 when we climbed the "Riblet" route. We had planned to climb the complete West Rib, but a storm and subsequent avalanche hazard in the "Valley of Death" convinced us to ascend the Upper West Rib via the 14000' camp on the standard West Buttress route, instead. I was very impressed with the scale and relief of the Alaskan peaks, and came away with a different perspective of mountaineering.
- Denali National Park, Mountaineering: Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska Natural History Association.
- Everett, Boyd N. Jr, The Organization of an Alaskan Expedition, Gorak Books, 1984.
- Holmes, Don, Highpoints of the United States, Second Edition, University of Utah Press, 2000.
- Randall, Glenn, Mount McKinley Climber's Handbook, Chockstone Press, 1992.
- Waterman, Jonathan, Surviving Denali, The American Alpine Club, 1983.
- Waterman, Jonathan, High Alaska, The American Alpine Club,